Friday, April 6, 2012

Orphanage visit 3 of 5

I'm hoping roman is getting used to me. He doesn't think i'm all that funny just yet. I must think I'm very funny because I seem to laugh at everything. Active play for 2 hours is a workout. He is fun to see learning and developing each visit. New toys, new colors, new experiences. He is a fast learner and puts a lot of thought into it. I'm sure my English is throwing him off quite a bit.

It's all good...I'll be so glad to break him out of there on monday! However it is all he has ever known, the only home he's ever known. He might never be back here and so, for me, it's fun to experience Russia in a way that is a first hand experience for him. I heard one adoption couple say "KFC saved our life.". I'm so glad I can't say that! We have been many places and have eaten different foods. It's an experience. Life is better because of experiences- I like to buy my kids a new outfit or toy, but i hope the experiences are the things they will one day cherish. He has many awaiting...
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. You can tell by the pictures that Roman is thoughtful, just trying to figure it all out. It will be interesting when he experiences the "new world! Thanks for all the pics and updates! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete