It's day 4. One more then the real craziness begins. It's Saturday around lunch and there are no directors/bosses at The orphanage. It is so quiet and deserted. I think the lady at the front desk thought we weren't supposed to be there, but our coordinator has a good relationship with the directors and we are able to visit on the weekend. On the last trip, we couldn't do that, but maybe with the extended visits/days in region, she asked for weekend visiting. I'm not really sure about all of these new rules. On the last trip we were told Friday was holiday so we wouldn't be able to do our paperwork to pick him up until Monday. But, we get to Friday and it's no holiday . I am convinced they want you to stay as long as possible here. It's always something you don't expect. Anyway, hopefully one more day then we pick him up.
Every day roman gets better and better. I've taught him several signs from baby sign and he actually did it. Ball/drink/mama/more/finished/car. It's an interesting concept of development. We'll see how it works! I hope to go buy a few toys today. As you can see, the alligator piano is back on the scene and definitely a favorite! Good thing Maw had one of those and gave it to us before we left. He will be so happy to see that thing! It is very loud-- I think we are headed toward musical banging talents. Maybe he'll be able to play Hill Street Blues(previoys post)! You can see the assortment of drum options.
The caretaker told us he likes apple juice and lots of other foods. She says he is a good eater. He'll fit in at our house just fine, as long as he likes Fujiyama!
Jenny







I always love the instrument pic and the 6 pic.
ReplyDeleteLove,Halle