Sunday / I'm feeling much better after some extra water, Gatorade and salt. Chicken strips and fries and a big fat hamburger. Maybe today we can walk/ taxi to red square!
Saturday- Well today didn't go so well. Roman is wonderful. Me- migraine and very dehydrated. So I didn't make it through lunch and I had to come back to the hotel and lay down in a dark room. I've really only ever had 1 real migraine but I am very light sensitive. I walked in the hotel shop to look at the nesting dolls and then my head was killing me. The lights in there small, bright, and direct. I can't handle anything like that (lowes/ home depot lighting dept)or ceiling fans creating rotating shadows. It's weird.
I just thought I had a migraine all afternoon, then about 6pm I figured out I am dehydrated. So I'm downing water and salt. Then I finally found Gatorade. Hoping this works. If not, I did get something at the pharmacy, but I'm not exactly sure what it is. It says Anorexia and sport performance in Russian. I'm definitely not anorexic and I do need sport performance. I'm thinking I might wait this one out.
Rachelle went to the phar for me, 1 block, while we were waiting on our dinner. She had no coat and flip flops on. The no coat/short sleeves gets funny looks. But she said she really got funny looks with flip flops.
If all that doesn't work, then I can decide to see the Russian or American clinic. Hopefully this will work and I can go on with life. It's been a pretty rough 24 hours for me, as it actually started last night at bedtime when I couldn't swallow very good. It kind of freaked me out just a little.
So we've been cooped up in the hotel all day and I'm sure the lobby attendants are so tired of seeing us.
I do remember looking at my arm and thinking, wow that iv vein is huge and popping out . I don't know why we are always the last to recognize the signs.
I've been totally out of it.
It has been very difficult to drink enough water overall. In Krasnoyarsk they served a tiny 8 oz glass of water if you ordered water. Bottled. No free refills.
So for now- I'm done with coffee and tea. I might be off exercise tomorrow.
The nice jacuzzi/sauna will have to wait. I have tried so hard to stay healthy- even getting a flu shot which I usually don't do.
But, I need to feel better. It's not very fun. I'd much rather be outside.
Jenny
Oh no....I pray the Gatorade does the trick!!!! I am pretty sure you just need to get home....get stronger for your travel day!
ReplyDelete