Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Park day

These first few days we have spent together have been wonderful! We are trying to stay close to his schedule and somewhat close to food selections -except No more porridge. That stuff looks like soggy cardboard. We have pretty much stayed around the hotel and played. It has been fun and time spent adjusting and bonding. We knew today was going to be so nice outside and we planned to go to the park after lunch. It's like a wooded park with amusement rides. Of course, we rode what rides were small enough and just walked and let roman get his workout in for the day. I really wanted to ride and take a pic on this cute carousel, but the lady scared roman to death and then he would not turn loose of me. She basically did not want us to ride!! I guess she thought he was too small- bad 1st experience for that! It was fun anyway. I thought you all would enjoy the crazy bus pic and the funny thing is the Russians don't even know what it says.

On our way back to the hotel the SWAT team was surrounding the back side where the restaurant is and we heard the word hostage. Some SWAt had their whole faces covered except their eyes. Rachelle stayed to check it out but quickly came back to the hotel not wanting to get stuck in this country any longer than needed.

We were advised to not Advice ask police questions. They can't understand and aren't nice about it. Stick to hotel security.

This morning a Russian man about 60 yrs old stopped me during my step climbing workout and we kinda talked for a few minutes. He was out running- I've seen him before. Believe me- we are so lucky to have mild weather in Tennessee. He must exercise daily because he was in great shape- he had his shirt off- yes, that's unusual because they bundle even in 60 degrees. The wind off the yiency river is a strong wind. It almost blew me over, seriously, yesterday. I would normally turn and go east /west rather than north/south but the traffic here is terrible. So I stayed on familiar path and wave at my little ice fisherman and run along. If you know me very well, you know I'm scared of dogs- they are plentiful along the Yiency and I usually stop and walk. I can't even speak to a dog here. It's bad. One even jumped on me with the owner yelling at it. I reached and grabbed a handful of rocks and ran along. With my rocks in hand. I not really sure what the owner thought or said.

Rachelle is still surviving. She is much better paparazzi than Russ. She would probably rather be at work! One week is ok- two is pretty tough. Plus most of the time she probably thinks I'm ridiculous. We haven't lived together in 20 years. I think she has read 12 books so far- fast reader and reads a lot. Me- I'm distracted. I haven't finished 1. I keep doing "research" on the Internet. But that's ok, I haven't had a little one in quite some time .
Plus, being in an orphanage is different as well. Knowledge is power but over thinking and worrying too much is bondage. So , I'll try to do my best to hit somewhere in between. I'm seriously just trying not to choke the kid with food pieces before I get home.
It's so easy to do!

Roman really put on a show for Russ, Lilly and Halle Jane - showing them some tricks. He even gave them some love by hugging his chest - which I guess he learned at the orphanage because it was new to me. It was so cute. He knows them already- in so glad I left the picture book at the orphanage last month. It helped so much. The girls have a tough week with school/ sports and they are so tired. They just don't get home in time to chill - hopefully they can rest up fri/Saturday so they will be ready for us.

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment