Thursday, April 12, 2012

We made it to Moscow


Yesterday we picked up Romans passport and were on our sweet way to the airport! It was rather simple. After finding a semi clean place to play in the airport (think LaHacendia floor) we wore him out and he slept the first hour of our ride. He stayed up the rest of the 5 hr flight but was so playful. His ears didn't seem to bother him, so I was thankful. Of course, a man in a business suit sat beside us, in the row before the exit row- so we sat straight up for whole flight. I just knew Romans fingers would reach over and I would pay a cleaning bill, but we were all good. Being the only kid on the flight you know what everyone thinks- hope they don't sit beside me! I do the same thing .

After 5 hr, we had a 1 hr car ride but with traffic- 3 hrs. And Romans poor
Little stomach was upset, so the driver and rachelle had a long ride. Or maybe I was just imagining how bad they probably hated this. Plus he felt feverish to me , so that probably made me even more nervous.

The driver dropped us off so fast- he didn't even help us with our bags and we were dragging them down the block stopping every few seconds when something dropped. It was better once we received some help at Marriott grand hotel! A bellman gave roman a gift and we were hurrying to get roman some milk from room service- like $6- and to bed. It was 8:30 when we arrived and 9:30 when I got him down. Which, remember, is 1:30a.m kras time. He had been up a long time but maybe that's just how it was supposed to be so he could adjust to the time difference.

During arrival and bed I pretty my had a slight breakdown when Rachelle went downstairs to get our passports and Romans wasn't there. They told Rachelle they gave it back to me. I needed it at 6:30am for the doctor who was coming to our room for Romans physical. In the meantime I had sent Rach down to take some paperwork to a man who was picking it up for Olga. Yes, Olga again. She originally wanted me to just leave all these important docs at the concierge, but I was like Really???? Romans passport ended up in Olga's stack- not Olgas fault- and turns out the dr didn't even ask for it. I went to bed hoping to sleep- after a long day of travel- and somehow I did. I was so tired I couldn't even think how much to tip the bellman in rubles. He had to help me.

So today has been better- Romans seems to feel good. Good doctor visit and I met with Olga. She was taking all my paperwork to U . S embassy.
Embassy appt Monday. It takes a lot of work to get all of this together.

I ran to the store and spent less than we did on our luscious breakfast.
We basically missed lunch and dinner yesterday- there was nothing good to eat in the kras airport. Fish eggs on toast . It looked awful. So we are headed to an American treat for lunch today - Tgi Fridays or chilis. And we are very excited.

It's the little things that make the world go round!!
Like wifi - it was $200 to get in our room. So we have to go down to the lobby for connection.
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. You didn't want fish eggs?????
    I cannot imagine how tired you all must be. Won't it be wonderful to hit US soil?!!? Praying for safe travels home for you 3! Roman sounds like a little trooper. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy to hear your trip was safe even though longer than normal. We love you!!Mom

    ReplyDelete