Rachelle and I left this weekend for the last and final trip to Russia to pick up Roman. There's always travel issues but I thought they weren't going to let me on the plane in new York because the airline Check-in thought I could not enter Russia again on my visa. I immediately turned serious. He told me Russia would send me back to the U.S so I had to get a new visa before I travel. I took a second, sat down on a bench and tried to figure it out. Good thing he was wrong. He couldn't read Russian. Of course Russ can, so I called him and he figured it out. But, for a few minutes/hours( until i went thru customs in Russia)I was nervous!
We arrived this morn( your time ) about 6:30am. Most of the snow has melted here in Krasnoyarsk and it is about 40 degrees. We are looking forward to visiting the orphanage tomorrow morning. It's hardly believable I get to actually take him home this trip. It feels like I've just come for another visit. His stuff took over my suitcase, so I'm already washing my clothes. In our overnight stay in Moscow we repacked our bags so our suitcases would be under the required weight and we put the heavy stuff in our backpacks. I think our backpacks weighed more than the suitcases. We have to unload some of that stuff before our return! I've never been a light packer.
I am required to visit roman 5 times before picking him up, so I should pick him up monday. We are 13 hours ahead of Tennessee time, so it would be sometime Sunday night for you.
Russ is at home working and managing the girls. I think he was glad he didn't have to get on a plane again. We like Russia, but it's not where we would pick for vacation. I warned my sister that this was no vacation, but she was still eager to come with me. She hasn't liked the food very much and she has lots of food allergies. So I'm trying to bring her back without getting a "hitch" breakout. (the girls and I love that movie) We'll see how that goes!
Jenny

No comments:
Post a Comment