Good morning sunshine! It's currently 8:22 and we have been up since 5, but no sunshine yet. It's not too hard to fall asleep but staying that way for 8 hours is difficult. Hopefully we will keep adjusting. If our room wasn't 90 degrees that would help. If we open the window, it's really loud outside. All in all, this studio room (hotel krasnoyarsk)is so much nicer than the apt we had last time. We don't feel isolated and we are in the town center. It feels much safer. Many places to eat and walk around. Other people/travelers are around and some limited English speaking staff. You just have to try really hard to communicate whatever it is you need to communicate and not be scared of them not understanding. Eventually everyone is understood or u go find the translator or Internet translation. That helps. The hotel is clean and the breakfast is good. Internet access is good and Russ enjoyed the ironing room. I needed an extra plug attachment for my hair straightener which our adoption case worker got for me. Last trip I blew up my travel hair dryer so I didn't want to do that to my straightener. We even have English tv here in the hotel. We never had that at the other apartment. I signed us up for Netflix but it doesn't work in Russia so you have to hide your Internet location via Hide My Net. Yes, we are currently in NYC. So, it's not so difficult once you get the system down. We have used Skype with the girls and can call them via Skype for a small 7 cents a minute. It all works. Russ thought maybe if the computer thought we were in NYC, maybe we could fool Skype, but that didn't work. Still 7cents a minute. Russ is so good with technical stuff , I hope I can do this all on my own when I come back in April!
We are going back to orphanage this morning to visit and meet with the doctor about roman's health since we've been here in October.
Thank you all!!!
Jenny

No comments:
Post a Comment